Search This Blog

Saturday 21 January 2012

The first week of the third module is gone. We have some new disciplines - I was somewhat excited about that. So, here they are - Theory of Literature, Theory and History of Culture and the subject dedicated to Translated Texts.


 I don't have the whole impression yet - it was somewhat incoherent yet, maybe except of the Theory of Literature (which was kind of interesting although the room was very hot and had no air condition).


The Theory of Culture professor's voice is very soothing and he is so calm and tranquil - it seems like even the world starts crashing behind the walls of the old building on Hitrovka he won't stop reading his lecture in such a soothing, comforting voice.


What for the Rules of reading translated texts, well, we'll see. The system seems weird - we have several professors to read the lectures of the course, which might be good and might be quite chaotic. But the list of texts is great, we start from Hamlet - and as much as I dislike Rome and Juliet (tut mir leid) I like Hamlet. I realised it, well, yesterday.   I read Hamlet in my early reaans - i must confess I like it much better now, trite as it is.

We will see, I tell you.

The rating is posted.  I hope to stay right where I am now and I am so hellishly scared. I need this. It's not the question of vanity, please, I must finish what still remains unfinished. I must. It keeps me suspened, I hung somewhere in the air. I have to keep the place as long as it is much better than I expected, I can be proud - but I am scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment