Search This Blog

Thursday 2 February 2012

keep breathing.

The week's pace is much more relaxed and it'sa pleasant change. I can spend mornings wrapped in the blanket, with a cup of coffee or chai latte and chocolate covered prunes, reading something or doing the homework for English or German classes. The only day I have to come to the Uni at nine a.m. is Freitag, oh, I mean, Friday.

And now, as the first half of the thing is done, I can tell. I sent my apllication to the Tartu University - for participating in the conference dedicated to the Russian Literature and Culture. I refuse to call myself a "Russian philologist" or even a "Slavic philologist" (it's even less like truth), even the aspiring one, but I love Litereture - Russian too - I quite like studying philogy, I must confess, and I hope my work about Bulgakov might interest someone. Anyway, I need practice in such things and I've never been to Estonia - any of Baltic countries, actually, so it would be nice if they accepted my application. If they don't - nevermind. I'll try next time. We'll see anyway.


And! I am constantly freezing, the frost is bad, but I still prefer cold weather over cold. Yes-yes.  

+ bonus: super-serious face, so i'd rather you focused on my scarf.

4 comments:

  1. I'm bloody freezing either! Nice pic, you're so serious on it. By the way, I wanted to wish good luck with a conference, I'm sure it's very interesting and useful. Hope they'll accept your paper. I'm willing to attend very muh alike conference in Petersburg in spring but I'm not sure I have time to write a paper for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Anyway, if I don't succeed this years, I'll try the next time.

    Good luck to you either, maybe you'll have time and will be able to participate there. Have you ever attended such conferences?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you have plenty of time, I mean you're at the beginning of your university education and this is great that you're trying such things from the start. As for me, unfortunately I had no opportunities to participate in student conferences. I had lots of family problems during my first three years and then distant education appears to be too difficult and it takes so much time. I hope to take part in conferences during my post-graduate course.

      Delete
    2. I am sorry to hear that you went through problems of this kind - hope things are better now. And distant education seems difficult, so you are very cool to succeed in it! And if you decide to take part in the conferences during you post-grad course - you alerady have the experience you got in these 5 years of studying, this must be really helpful.

      Delete