Search This Blog

Sunday 18 March 2012

I haven't died apparently, I'm still here - I just didn't feel like writing. Things to tell?

- We had a lecture of a Stasbourg University professor. He speaks perfect Russian and is absolutly charmant - I guess we all  (girl part) had a tiny crush on him.

- After finishing monsieur Sartre's "The Nausea" (brilliant) I couldn't resist and succumbed to the desire to read Nabokov's "Other shores" over. And let me declare him as a Kinf of Inversions, because he is.

- I'm attending MM's concert in may.

- I feel like the Western History textbook is one of the saddest books ever - there's nothing that would be that good at breading the wanderlust.

- Deutsch gives me goosebumps. In a good way. And I have some curious plans for summer holidays, hmmmm, fingers crossed.  

2 comments:

  1. "Other Shors" is not only my fav book of Nabokov but one of my fav books ever (there are not so much). I just feel him. Or feel like him. I know it sounds like a bad cliche but very true indeed. And I'm keeping finger crossed for my summer vacation either :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean - there's something absolutely apecial about Nabokov, what makes him stand-out. He's somewhere in-between - not exactly Russian, not American, just so him.

    Ans yes, the book is brilliant. I can't get over the way how N. is mastering the langiage. I am so fascinate and in the same time so jealous.

    ReplyDelete