Search This Blog

Friday 23 March 2012

Life's full of surprises.

Want a joke? I got a mail from Tartu University yesterday - when I saw it in mailbox I didn't really suspect anything, but actully...

...one of the people that they had chosen for the conference declined their invitation. They wrote me, as I was the next candidate in their list. So, apparently...


...I am going to Tartu, Estonia. In a month. Huh.


I was so terrified! You know, it was just completely out of the blue, so unexpected! But I can't miss the chance.

I'm still freaking out, because I have to hurry up, I have a huge number of formalities to fox, with a visa and everything, but still - it must be great. And Imust not fuck up.

Let it be my 15 minutes of fame, not shame, PLEASE, dear Lord.

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely great news! Congratulations! I'm sure you'll do fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! Well, hopefully! I get a little bit tongue-tied when it comes to making speeches and things of that kind, so it needs quite a lot rehearsing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I highly recommend you to watch "King's Speech" (if you haven't seen this movie yet), in English, of course. It's very inspiring in a case of being-tongue-tied-problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've watched it not so long ago - the movies is great. It made me immensely glad that my situation is much less fatal.

    ReplyDelete