Search This Blog

Saturday 19 November 2011

I really like this new show on "Kultura" TV-channel which is pretenciously called "The greatest show on Earth" - a thing to argue about, believe, as the host overacts and the special effects look cheap, but I like it even in spite of that. I like how the show is presented and, mostly, I like what they show and talk about. These are series of short docmentaries about the most famous people in history, of different occupations - Nietzsche, Lewis Caroll, Salvador Dali, Marlene Dietrich and so on. You are suggested to put on the role of the person of each episode and look at everything through his eyes - not sure if they've succeeded but it's still curious!

There was a documentary about Fridrich Nietzsche today. I couldn't wait for this to begin, I find Nietzsche an equistly interesting figure and really think that he is basically misunderstood - has always been. Which doesn't mean I share all of his ideas - moreover, I am actually not familiar with every single work of his and have just a general picture in my head, which is to be improved. But the way he used to think is curious.
It's sad that he ended up being a madman.   

No comments:

Post a Comment