Search This Blog

Thursday 3 November 2011

Yuriy Norshteyn's master class was really good - even though I've started floating in space by the end of the evening. Just due to being tired.

His imagination is amazing. And his passion for what he's doing, I wish I will be as passionate for my job as him one day. And I love how he sees art. He's an animator, but he was talking about everything - cinematograph, music, literature, painting. Everyone who creates something is an artist. And literaure can be a kind of cinematograph, and everything is connected tightly.

I love this point of view, it's close to me - I have always seen a writer as a kind of artist. In my last essay a comared a writer (in a broad meaning) to a demiurge, but why can't demiurge be an artist?



2 comments:

  1. I've seen Yuriy Norshteyn just ones on a some literature evening, I guess he's a friend of my professor. But he didn't speak so his point of view isn't familiar to me at all. But I don't like the "Hedgehog in the Fog" cartoon, and what about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not crazy about this cartoon either. I can't say I don't like it - I do, in some way, but I know quite a lot of people that call this cartoon one of their favourites! It's not my point, but I like his style - it's really recognizable.

    Well, there's one cartoon of his that I absolutely love - the Heron and the Crane. It's adorable, as for me. I don't know whether you've seen it, I will post it here anyway.

    Btw, he mentioned that he was tired of the "Hedgehog in the fog". Probably because it's his most famous work and there's a lot of talking about it.

    ReplyDelete