Search This Blog

Friday 30 December 2011

PHEW.

I'm ought to write about the study week results, but I don't feel like going into details and will just tell it was a complete craze and I am inexpressibly happy it's finally over! I think I won't go beyong the bare facts. So, marks:

The key texts of Russian literature (19th, 20th centuries) - 10/10 for the exam, 9 - final.
History - 10, which is quite astonishing. I was like - wh-wh-what? seriously? Seriously. Ten.*
German - 9.
Basic linquistics - 9.
Philosophy - 8.

Not bad. Hope to get a proper place in these goddamn ratings.

*We've got an email with an attached list of our marks and there 9 is stated instead of ten - I had to write them and tell it's not correct and I have the highest mark in my record book, signed by O. Well, they actually send us this list to check before forming the ratings - check, using our record books. O. defined pretty clearly what my mark was and called me first because of that, so nothing to worry about.

I feel like I was kind of lucky this time, surprisingly. But anyway, I hope it's not only luck but a bit of my own merit. And it was immesuarably flattering to be noticed by so great philologists - in some way. I am grateful, I really am.

But still, The Unfinishe Thing is left on my hands and I have to do something with it. I was to succeed this summer. I didn't, but it gave me a push forward. Fascinating, how much the harmede self-esteem can do, huh?       

No comments:

Post a Comment