Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Seems like I really need to collect my thoughts and write a proper long post - I haven't had much time and energy for this recently. Study week is still in progress. I already have to exams passed. And some words are to be said:

I can't say I was particularly nervous about Monday, when I was passing Literature (it's mostly about the philological anlyses of test)... until the moment when I came to Uni and heard all the gossip (and facts) about the results of the previous group - only two nine-marks! And several fails. I hate all those pre-exam talks, but this, I must confess, was pretty disturbing.

Hell, it was so  s l o w.  I mean, I'd waited more than four hours before it was my turn to answer, but okay, nevermind, I know it was even harder for examinants than for us. I was very anxious while waiting, but felt quite calm, taking my paper with the questions, calm preparing, and even when I sat in front of three amazing philologists. I think that, desperately wishing not to fail and go home to have a nap, I've exhaled everything I new about that texts - and I saw they were satisfied, so was hoping for a 9-mark (well, for two nines, as there were two texts) - moreover, they compliment one of the works that I wrote, it was a poem analysis.

After the exam I was just flaking out and went home to have a shower, a hearty dinner and a good hot mug of tea, having asked to keep my mark in mind when it's annonced.

Guess what? 10/10! Ten for the 19th century and ten for the 20th - it's so suprising and so flattering! I haven't expected such a high mark.

Well, hopefully, the rest of the exams is gonna be fine too. I wrote a history exam this afternoon - it was not bad but could be better, probably... Okay, we'll see this Thursday. I pass German tomorrow and this is not so scary, but I wish I had time to prepare - and we have exams every day. Thanks Goodness I have a good current mark for Lingustics and don't have to pass the exam, so the Thu is relatively free - I still need to come to Uni with a record book. Marks for History will be annonced too. So no choice.

Enough for today. I'm going to look through the German grammar book and go to sleep. Gott, I love sleeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment