Search This Blog

Sunday 18 September 2011

I'm no bird and no net ensnares me (c)

Aha, I have watched "Jane Eyre" (the last version) today. Finally! I was supposed to do this long before today.

I don't have a whole impression - maybe it's just the question of time, I don't know. On the one hand - amazing cast (Mia is a prefect Jane, I've always said this), beautiful filming - i loved the image of England, quite atmospheric, the great base of Charlotte Bronte's book, finally! But on the other hand - too many, way too many discrepancies with the original plot. And also too many thing added but the directer (who is talented, no doubts, but). So I am not sure.

My Mom, who have not read the book loved the movie. I know that if I hadn't read it, I would love the movie too. But I have read. And I find all the attempts to re-write the classics to be lame.


But Mia! Mia! Still wonderful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment